Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Beating The Heat...Or...Hiding From It

It is SO hot these last few days! OUCH!

With small children I've found that water is often the solution for heat.

I've literally hosed my children down (the older ones) and let them run around outside all wet and surprisingly, they've cooled down! The water parks are too hot, but the backyard seems to be sheltered from trees just enough to provide a chill while wet.

I also broke down and did a bad-mommy move...microwavable meals...so that I don't have to turn the oven on in the heat! I did buy healthier kinds of these meals to try to make up for the fact that they're not getting home cooked meals, they love them!

Who would have thought the key to getting your children to eat veggies was to throw them into spaghetti!

I'm taking a few notes from these quick meal companies!

No comments:

Post a Comment